Saturday, April 13, 2013

Our tour of the Midway

Enjoy our tour :0)




=:-O on a SUNDAY?
Harlan was in his element in all these operations rooms. It was very fascinating even to me.

In the hangar bay


It is pretty amazing to see all of these planes up close and personal.

On our way to The Island tour



Har and got to do up into the control tower of the ship known as the island. It was a guided tour and all of the guides had served in the armed forces. I saw this plaque on a bench on the flight deck and took a picture for my brother, Dave. We visited the flight control level, the navigational level and the main control room.






















Communication is imperative






Hallways or whatever the Navy calls them...



Back on the flight deck



The carrier across the way here is the USS Ronald Reagan! I took the photo from out on the corresponding deck of the one pictured here on the front of the ship!





I had picked up a headset for a audio tour. Each aircraft has a number associated with it and you put the number into the handset and listen to an explanation of the history of the aircraft. There were numbers to punch in for just about everything on the ship that was of interest. Henry was kept occupied listening to random audio clips.
My accidental video
I should have gotten to know my camera by now. I have no idea how I take these compilation of video clips but I find them quite funny. I have a photo that corresponds with each time one of these videos record so I'm posting this instead of the photos. 

1 comment:

Reese said...

That video is kind of funny :) Also, the picture with your polished nail and my not polished one is funny to me.