Monday, April 01, 2013

Me and my buddy

Garrett & Gram
at Grant Park
I had hardly stopped the van when Garrett was raring to get out of his carseat to run. He was eyeing the biggest slide right away. 



Climbing up is easy when you've had as much practice climbing as he has. He's not afraid of heights and I was trying to coax him down but he just couldn't do it. He stood up and turned around.
 And climbed back down the steep steps. His explanation was that this was "Ro ro's (Rowan's) slide". I guess he thinks his big cousin is daring and brave ;0)

This was much more to his liking










He had only his dress shoes with him but he managed to climb and play and even went over to see Ribsy in the sculpture garden. When I mentioned that it was time for him to get into the stroller so "Gramma can take a walk." He said, "You walk. I'll stay."
We strolled




We walked between the empty pool and the quiet tennis courts and over to the street where we saw beautiful tulip trees.
 We also saw this decorated tree in the middle of the traffic circle.



 As we were headed on our final leg back to the van I snapped a picture of the tulip tree close up. I also took one of this white camellia which looks so much like a gardenia.

Sometimes seeing these tropical looking flora makes me want to go to an island where the fragrance is as lovely as the flowers. But I give that feeling a few minutes to pass and it usually does. I'm not so much of a tropical climate type of gal.

Somebunny got a treat
"The bunny, the bunny, whoa I love the bunny..."
Gotta love those Veggie Tales tunes running through your head, hey?

It's nap time for Garrett and lunch time for Gram.
So far it's been a very nice day.

1 comment:

Reese said...

Ha, that's cute about Rowan's slide.
What a fun morning :)
We gotta go there in a couple months and get a picture of Hens with that dog :)