Friday, April 26, 2013

It's days like these that make the rainy times bearable

Cityscape and mountains
These two pictures weren't taken by me. Our friend Josh is a photographer and took these this week. I must say these are photos of Portland at its finest.



Mt Hood in the first photo and Mt Adams in the second.
A flower or a flowering weed?
 This cluster of flowers came up in our parking strip. They are perfectly lovely but they are living where we are supposed to only have grass. Does anyone know if this is a desired flower or a nasty weed?

A quick look: the flowers around our house

Our first rhododendron bloom of the season. There are tons of buds on it. It will be in full bloom for Mother's Day.  My Sabre forget-me-nots :0)

The neighbor's camellia and a few of their flowering plum branches peaking down through the canopy of new Japanese Maple leaves on our tree.



Our backyard neighbors have lilacs!  They are so beautiful. I wish I had a window that faced their yard so I could enjoy these more.



Plants for Courtney to put in the ground.
 I picked up some perennials for along the driveway. I need to get out there and weed and turn the soil and amend the bed before we can have success but I've been putting off planting there for long enough. 
I think our newest neighbors would appreciate something lovely to look at.
My lovey boy
Grandchildren are the absolute best! They make rainy days sunny and sunny days SPECTACULAR!
I cherish the moments we spend together. Today was Garrett and Gramma time.

2 comments:

Reese said...

How lovely. Those are great Portland photos and great flower photos too. I hope the flowers stick around for 5 more weeks!

Lyssa said...

Hear hear! Kudos to photo man Josh, he is quite talented! As are you mom! :) I love all your lovely pics :)