Tuesday, April 16, 2013

More new beginnings and missing San Diego sunshine

Our nephew Justin is a new dad
Justin and his wife, Christy, have a new little boy. Josiah Lee was born yesterday morning. He's so precious!!! His big sister Abby thinks so too.
 Har's brother is newly engaged
 Harlan's globe trotting, missionary brother, Dennis is engage to a lovely Christian woman named, Marilyn. He said it's a Finnish tradition for both the man and woman to have engagement bands.
I have a new craft bag
 This is quite trivial compared to a new baby or a coming nuptial announcement, but I was happy to see that Joann Fabrics has a new craft bag. It's purple. I've heard of the poem: Warning: When I am an Old Woman I Shall Wear Purple but have never actually read it. Now that I have I'll just stick to wearing purple and carrying purple things (like my purse and this bag) and painting my nails purple. Perhaps though I may "go out in my slippers in the rain" :0)

Creepy Monkey balloon
 Early this morning I was reading my iPad and out of the corner of my eye I saw a movement. No one else was up. I watched as a dark shape crossed the room and grabbed my camera. Garrett's valentine mylar balloon was traveling in the warm and cool air currents as the heat came on. He entertained me for some time and then Harlan was entertained by him too. He's currently hanging out on the ceiling in the dining room. Don't ask me how he got there. I think He needs to lose more helium and be sent off to that receptacle that his siblings went to weeks ago.
I laughed at this card

 The inside of the card says "Older and Wiser, Baby! Older and Wiser". 
It reminded me of Proverbs 31:30
"Charm is deceptive, and beauty evaporates, [but] a woman who has the fear of the LORD should be praised."
and then Proverbs 9:10
"The fear of the LORD is where wisdom begins, and knowing holiness demonstrates understanding."
Yes!
Hey Cherise, I'm ready to come back!
I picked up a couple of new tank tops for myself. I should have picked up one for each of my "polka-daughters"! I'm ready for sunshine and warm weather. Portland hasn't disappointed in the sun department but San Diego's warmth would be welcome here. The high thirties in the mornings is a bit nippy. 

No comments: