Sunday, April 14, 2013

Run for the Arts

The annual RUN
Run for the Arts has been a part of Portland Public Schools since our oldest kids were elementary students. Now it's our grandkids turn to earn money for their school.
They got the pledge forms in just in time to run on Thursday.

It was a perfect day for it


I was running a couple of errands after I dropped the kids off at school and on the way home I decided to swing by to take pictures if Wyatt, Genevieve or Danika happened to be running at that time. I saw Danika's teacher, Mrs. Mease and then I saw Mrs Foster (another Kindergarten teacher) so I watched for Danika. It wasn't long before I saw her running toward me. 
Here she is rounding the corner to go and have her lap notated.
A half hour later it was Genevieve's turn



Again I saw the teacher before I saw Genevieve herself. 
Ms. Mode was wearing purple just like Genevieve was.
I watched until her class was done and then went home to return in the early afternoon for..
Wyatt's class' run
Wy's teacher didn't participate but the student teacher did. Way to go Ms Modjeski! 



Wyatt ran in bits and walked in others. He stopped to tie his shoes and wrap his jacket around his waist. I took the jacket so he could run unencumbered. 
It seemed to do the trick. Also telling him that each of his sisters ran 8 laps around made him shoot for nine! ;0)
After school reading
Wyatt loves to read. Now we need to get him to try some different genres of books. But any amount of reading is good for him. I think there might be a tad bit of Hilman in that boy.

Getting more settled

Slowly but surely Jess and Joylynn are moving stuff over to the new house. It's been hampered by an injury to Joylynn's hand cause by getting it pinned between a tv and a dresser and a wall. That and a touch of the stomach flu :0( Har and I went over there Saturday evening to help Jess set up their new couch and to bring the San Diego souvenirs we had for them.
I just love watching these guys
 do what they do best
The boys wrestling on Wyatt's bed.
Playing in a box in the girls room.
Gunny sleeping in a dresser drawer (or at least where one should be).
Garrett and his new clogs from Legoland.
The girls "making" me some play food.
The boys chilling on the new couch.
The whole posse! 
Including that varmint feline ;0)

No comments: