Sunday, April 28, 2013

Walking the morning away

Artist in Residence






I discovered that Garrett had gotten into a bucket of crayons. My cutting mat was the perfect canvas for his artwork. Not long after I found this, Har and I had to run to an appointment and left Krystle in charge of Garrett. We came home to see that no more mischief was undertaken and he was fast asleep. Way to babysit, Krystle!
Lunch crashers
Courtney and Charles were having lunch with our friend, David Nuttelman. We popped in and hassled them for awhile. Though physically it's not obvious, David really looks up to Harlan. He is going to be leaving fairly soon for an internship at Disneyland. The Magic Kingdom will not be the same after this!


Our Saturday stroll netted plenty of pictures


We saw some beautiful landscaping during our Saturday walk. This grouping of trees is one of my favorite additions to yards and gardens around here. Though it's hard to have a favorite when almost every house has something to admire.






I finally got a photo of this recently built pirate ship play structure and the Jolly Roger flag is wrapped around the yardarm. The flag is lit up at night. It's very cool.
 We spotted one of the local squirrels burying something in a front yard. He was so meticulous about putting the grass back and packing it down.
Are these both strawberry plants?

I know the plant on the right here is a strawberry since I've seen the berries in past years. But these pink blossomed plants look like strawberries too. Do they have different varieties with different colored blossoms?
Coffee break






Har and I stopped in at Caffe D'arte. They make the prettiest lattes. I like the rings left around the edge of the mug each time Harlan took a drink. It's kind of a measurement of enjoyment ;0)
A couple of fun photos


My only allergy catalyst

There is something about the flowers on this tree that causes my throat to itch. Every year while it is in bloom I have problems with a slight allergy. It's weird that off all of the plants and pollens blowing around, our neighbor's trees keep me from sleeping with the windows open while these spires are in bloom.





An evening in A Secret Garden
Cam and I got to attend a production of The Secret Garden put on by the drama department at Portland Christian Schools. Our friend, Megan Nuttelman (David's sister). had one of the primary parts. 
 They did a fantastic job on this musical. Here we are posing with Megan after the final curtain call. This is her final play at Portland Christian as she will be graduating in June. I hope she continues with her acting in college. She is very talented.
Thank you, Jan for the tickets. We had a wonderful time!

No comments: