Wednesday, April 03, 2013

The movers and shakers

The move has started

Har, the boys and I brought Garrett to the new house. He was getting to spend the first night there with his mom and dad. The guys supervised the first bedtime snack being eaten there.
Setting up the computer



Cam helped Joylynn get their computer and internet up and running, while Hayden flew the boy around.
The entertainment center
Harlan watched Jess get all of the entertainment center stuff connected and ready for the kids to be there.
 Not usin' it just checkin' it out
Garrett's starting to potty train. He picked out some big boy underwear when we were at the store on Monday. I love how cheery this bathroom is with that awesome daisy shower curtain.
Not going out there... just lookin'
Gunny was getting a little weirded out by all the packing at the other place so he was brought to the new house to welcome everything as it moves in.
Local Thriftway


The grocery store is less than two blocks from their house. Thriftway isn't a great store to buy everything you need. However it does have some good loss leader stuff and it will be great for an occasional quick trip to pick up one thing or other. I can just see the kids going crazy in the Candy Shoppe and Garrett trying to climb this banana tree.  Fun times to come!
I have tulips!

A while back I took pictures of the daffodils that came up in my old planter bowls. Now I have tulips blooming. I didn't think they would actually bloom so this is a big surprise. I have a feeling they did it just because Har's sister Naomi loves tulips and it's her birthday this week.
Wish I could send them to her along with a big hug but...
We're heading south to see our gal
and her hubby and her kids!
Our Cherise shares a birthday with Naomi. Harlan and I are going to be in San Diego with Reesie on her big day. We are soooo looking forward to being there. I hope they have some sunshine waiting for us. We'd appreciate it, although Portland weather has treated us quite nicely in the past week.

I'll try to do some updates on this blog while I'm there but I'm not promising that will happen. I can promise that I will take pictures and more pictures for blogging when we get  back.
See ya soon!!!



No comments: