Sunday, April 28, 2013

Meet Lila
This four year old doxie mix was adopted by Joylynn's old neighbor. Joylynn and Jess had her at their place for a few days prior to her going to her forever home. What a sweet dog! I've determined that when we are close to empty nesting Har and I are getting a dog. It's going to be small enough to be a lap dog. Though I remember my sister's boxer thought he was a lap dog and every time I was there he sat on my lap :P
It looks like early summer
Rhododendrons that look like peppermint candies.



Poppies that look like they are part of a watercolor painting. So pretty.
Yard work
It's getting to be the season of weekly lawn mowings. I love our retro mower. We have to decide if we are going to try to reseed the deep shade part of our lawn or do something else there. The joys of homeownership. But once you put the money into it and put in the sweat equity, you can sit back and enjoy the results.

On my bucket list
 In my almost 34 years of living in the Portland metro area, I've never been to Saturday Market. Har and I drove down Nato this weekend and there were a ton of people around. Did you know that they don't pay attention to the "Don't Walk" signal if there is a big enough group crossing the road together? I suppose it wouldn't take a whole lot of effort on my part to get this crossed off of my "bucket list". It's not like it's an Alaskan cruise or anything.
This is not the best angle to photograph this sign. One of these evenings I want to go out and get a picture of it from on the east side of the Burnside Bridge. It's a real Portland landmark. It has changed hands over the years and is currently owned by the University of Oregon. They have every right to put a big O in green or yellow up there but they mercifully have it saying Portland, Oregon (in UofO colors).

The back-East kids
They got to see one of the bigger Smithsonian Exhibits recently. The Natural History Museum! After an afternoon of that Miss Katie, in her mother's words, was "so done". She's so cute in her exhausted state though.
Sunnier disposition
 I got these three pictures today on my phone. They sure are enjoying their new swings, play fort  and their big yard!
 Their mom is finding treasures like this flowering shrub in the woods around their house. It's going to fun for her to see what all is growing around there and what will be blooming at various times during the spring, summer and fall. 
Keep sending pictures Lyssa! 
I'm glad you have a phone with a good camera :0)

No comments: