Thursday, June 21, 2012

Another day of summer

Today's walk












Today the guys walked straight south about a mile and back. And they had company. Cherise, Henry, Anabelle and I strolled along with them. Reesie and fam are here for a very brief stay.
Bus boys
 I made them sit at the bus shelter for a photo op. It's hard to squeeze four guys onto two seats.
Cafe D'Arte


We were pretty bummed that they no longer carry gelato. I guess the company that supplied it went out of business. They had to settle for smoothies. Cam had an Oasis, Seb a Zinger and Hayden had "Sand In (his) Shorts" :0)
 Miss Anabelle is a graham cracker junkie. Actually I haven't known her to turn down any sort of food that she was able to chew.
Back at the house
 Boy, does she get around. Creeping, crawling, getting up to sitting, back down to crawling, pulling up to standing... There's not a lot that she can't do, except walk. She can even play on the Sit and Spin.
Slow, slow-cooker = Red Robin... YUM
 We'll eat our slow cooked beef tomorrow.  It should be done by then! I hope so anyway. 
In the meantime. we drove over to Red Robin for supper. Henry got his meal first, which was great, but then he was ready to be done before some of the others.  

So Henry and Gramma went on a walk.
 What kind of flowers are these?
 They look like fiesta flowers! So colorful.
 Henry wanted me to take a picture of the purple ones.



 I was overwhelmed by the hydrangeas blooming there between rows in the parking lot.  Henry and I walked along them periodically  watching for airplanes.  We saw a lot of planes!
The cushy lawn was more conducive to watching the sky, so Hens kicked back for a few seconds (literally) and then we were off again on our walk.
It sure is fun to have these kids here again!

2 comments:

Lyssa said...

My first thought when I saw Henry in between the planters was "check him for ticks!". I found one on Katie this morning, yuk! Ah the joys of Virginia ;) looks like your few days of sun were well spent! Can't wait to see you all later this year and we're also looking forward to our short but sweet time coming up in Michigan :) (wish you and dad could be there too, I really miss you guys. October will be a good month!)

mommarazzi said...

We're looking forward to October too! You are going to really enjoy December, January and February in Virginia, Lys. I've only been there in January but it was wonderfully cold and dry.