Monday, June 25, 2012

Chicken nuggets and loose teeth

I love the sound of falling water
 I was parked next to these pillar fountains. I had my van window open and the sound was so relaxing. I could have sat there for hours if not for the other sounds coming from within the van. They were the voices of...
Hungry children

 We usually pick these guys up from their house around supper time on Sundays. For a few weeks we've been driving over to the Fred Meyer gas station next to Jess's work so a Wendy's run is a good option. This time we had a full tank of gas but still hungry kids. So we detoured to McDonalds.

They look pretty happy to be there, except
Garrett wants no more pictures!


Garrett was wearing this t-shirt when we picked him up.  It was Wyatt's when he was a youngster. I think the shirt explains a lot. He should still be wearing it today because. as I was typing this Genevieve caught him running through the house with a spool of string. He started in the dining room and ran around the island in the kitchen, back through the dining room and was heading through the living room toward the den when he was stopped.  I don't have a wide enough lens  to catch what it looked like. He didn't have enough time to make any decent knots so clean-up was pretty easy.
The string is back on the spool and he is off to play with actual toys right now.
What a boy!
The tooth-fairy's comin'



I finally convinced Genevieve to let me help her tooth come out.  It's been hanging by a couple of strands since last week. This is her second time she's lost a tooth.
Her permanent teeth have already erupted behind the baby teeth so she is going to have to start working them into place. But the new ones are so big I think a couple more little teeth will have to vacate before the adult teeth settle in.
I sure enjoy this losing teeth stage.
Though each and every milestone is important to acknowledge and celebrate!
Way to be brave, Genevieve!


2 comments:

Reese said...

Great job Genevieve :)

Lyssa said...

Woohoo! Tooth fairy! :) Rowan watched a Super Why show about the tooth fairy the other day and now likes to sing, "brush up, brush down, brush every way! Brush your teeth two times a day!". And Katie insists on brushing her teeth whenever she sees her toothbrush at all ;)