Sunday, June 03, 2012



New leaf or at least a new calendar page
Looks like strawberries are on the menu for this month and perhaps some fish. Poor Genevieve is allergic to strawberries but all of the kids like fish. There are a lot of things happening this month. Birthdays, graduations and Father's Day to start with.



Gonna be 2!

 Garrett will be two on Flag Day, June 14th. He's getting so independent. He was trying to climb up to the sink to help himself to some water. We've had to put the water purifier out of reach as he opens the spigot and lets all the water out. He's a big boy now and can drink from an open cup without spilling. 
Now if we could only keep shoes on the guy!






Sunday morning safety
 I don't know if this is a weekly event or if I just happened upon a rare occurrence, but all the occupied parking spots, but one, at our Convention Center Starbucks were taken up by police cars. 

I counted nine before I got to the drive through window and then saw two more in front of the building.  I would have taken photos of them also, but all of the drivers of said vehicles were sitting and standing about out there.  So much for being able to park, sit in my car, and "steal" some wifi. At least I felt protected :0)

Variation on Pizza Night 
 Genevieve got to go to Courtney's work after school on Friday when all of the other kids went home with Joylynn.  Har, Courtney, the boys and I drove out to drop G'vieve off at their house and since I was at the wheel, I got to pick where we were going to eat.



We didn't get to do a payday lunch this week, so I figured we could upgrade our pizza night to a fancier place. The Old Spaghetti Factory has made life a little easier for those of us with kids. The call ahead seating will be great when we are going with the grandkids. The waits are always so long and the kids get so antsy. We had maybe a three minute wait the other night.  Our big kids managed that just great ;P

Five perfect roses

Courtney came home the other day with flowers.  Alstroemeria and roses.  Five perfect peach roses. One for each of our 5 perfect and beautiful daughters!
Thanks Courts for the reminder!

New machine projects
 Look at all the potential for fun and fancy projects!
Harlan is trying to engineer storage for all of it.  I did pick up a little three drawer do-hickey that fits all of the tools and attachments and my embroidery CDs.
He has to make me a thread rack next.
 I spent a little time embroidering on the corner of the girls new summer weight quilts.I'm not going to say anything and see if they notice. 

I'm now itching to make something pretty for the other 3 granddaughters.
Those grandsons would probably enjoy something customized with their names on them too.
Time to get brainstorming.





1 comment:

Lyssa said...

There's no bad ideas when you're brainstorming! :) I'm so happy to see your fancy, fun, and pretty designs coming out already! Yay Sophia!

Gotta love old spaghetti factory, when we come in the fall we'll have to utilize that call ahead business! ;) mmmmmm