Saturday, June 30, 2012

Mall & home


Shopping with the girls and Garrett



Have I mentioned that I really like our mall?  The ice is back on the rink and people are enjoying skating again.  Genevieve and Danika both want me to take them skating. 
I think shopping is a safer option for me at this time. :0) 
I had an additional 20% off coupon for Children's Place.  They were having a terrific sale as well so we picked up a few summery things while we were there. They are into the Back to School mode so summer stuff is on clearance. It's not even July!
Makin' a bacon run
 Hayden had seen a commercial for this Burger King treat and thought it sounded good. I was disappointed that it had chocolate on it.  I imagined it to be only bacon and ice cream.
 Doesn't it look yummy?!



Cam was one of the guinea pigs.  He actually liked it, as did Hayden. I guess it's no different than having salted peanuts on a sundae. Only has a little more smokey flavor.
Wyatt is here sans siblings
The other kids are at home for the weekend but Wyatt has a birthday party to go to so he got to spend a solo night here. He got to get out the big lego bucket and build to his heart's content without little guys getting into his creations.  He also got to eat his blueberry pancakes on the porch as it was a very nice morning.




Charles is on break
Courtney and Charlie were sharing music and pancakes this morning.  He is on break from Job Corps for a few weeks.  So except for the time that Courtney is working, they'll be hanging out together and that is a very good thing!
Hurray for summer vacations!
Mixed shade planter
This is the mixed planter that I found at Fred Meyer the day of the humming bird. It's starting to adjust to its placement on the porch.  I enjoy the impatiens growing out and up and the fuchsias draping down along with the non flowering plants that round it out.
I think it's inviting me to come out, sit and enjoy a cup of coffee.
Sounds like a super idea.


2 comments:

loverstreet said...

enjoy that cuppa on the porch and the quiet(er) weekend.

Lyssa said...

Nice! I wish our summer was more like a NW non-summer right now :P heat is not my friend.

I accidentally stepped on Rowan's sunglasses from the children's place the other day and went to get new ones. Unfortunately they've been all but replaced by backpacks! I really hate this "sell next season's stuff" mentality of kids' stores! It's hot and sunny and muggy, I do not need a backpack! I need sunglasses! Your store is better than mine though. They've got bugger all sunglasses, backpacks and sandals/shoes everywhere but their clearance is full of Christmas stuff and sweaters! Ridiculous.

P.S. That bacon sundae looks yum! :)