Saturday, June 09, 2012

We had a great time

East Portland Community Center & Pool


 Cherise and her kids love water. I told her about this Community Center pool back when Genevieve attended a birthday party there. Since then we've been wanting to go when they were in town. During this trip, it worked out for us to go.  I even went into the pool to play with Anabelle, while Henry played and explored all the fun stuff with his mom.

Edible Math manipulatives

Genevieve came from school with a bag of marshmallows and toothpicks. They had made shapes out of them. Various four sided figures, a six sided one and a triangle. She made short work of tearing them down and eating them.

Little miss Rock and Roll
 Anabelle is getting around so well.  She almost gets up to a sitting position when she's crawling around. It's fun to see her pushing buttons on Garrett's little kitchen and his guitars to get them to make noise.

 Speaking of guitars
Somebody told somebody that someday he'd like to have a guitar of his own. So a trip was made to Guitar Center and Kiel got an early Father's Day present from Henry (h.o.w.) and Anabelle (a.a.w.)
Cherise had me use my embroidery machine to customize the guitar strap.
Pretty cool.
I hope you get to playing and singing real soon, Kiel!

Send off Brunch



Cherise, Kiel and the kids were heading home this morning. We decided to drive part way with them and stop for brunch at Shari's.

Henry rode with us and was having fun with Uncle Hayden.  Both of them wearin' shades.

Anabelle was wondering if the coffee cup had the "good to the last drop" kind.

 Krystle even got to go with us. Which is quite a treat.

My "Sofia" is making short work of things



 Please excuse the monkey modeling these cute little hats I made for Anabelle.  She is such a little thing that Cherise can't find sun-hats to fit her. 

I measured her head before she left this morning and this after noon I started sewing.
I hope they fit!
If they don't, Curious George has an expanded wardrobe ;0) 

2 comments:

Reese said...

Can't wait to try Bellie's hats on her!
Such a fun fun trip we had, thanks for going along with all my crazy plans :) we'll have to do it again soon.

Lyssa said...

Too fun! I could comment on every photo here! :) indeed to find a flexible tape measure or a string or something and get Evie's measurement for you. Those hats are too cute! :)