Saturday, June 16, 2012

Trying something new and yardwork

What are these?
 Don't they look like fresh peaches? 
That would have been delicious, but they are not peaches. They are organic golden beets. I'm determined to try a few new veggies over the summer months. I bought these and while they were boiling I sauteed the beet greens.  So yummy! I also bought organic fresh spinach, kale, green beans and broccoli.  It's going to be a veggie week.

Sprucing up the yard
 Harlan got the tree trimming saw out and did a major trim on the rhododendron. He also cut out some of the dead wood out of our poor dying Japanese maple. Then he cut some low hanging branches off of the healthy maple so the neighbors can actually get into their house without ducking.
I did a bit of weed whacking, Hayden mowed and swept.

 Cam raked and hauled branches.  It feels good to have everything spiffed up for Father's Day.
 Getting things wrapped up.

We have a flag again
I didn't get it out for Flag Day, but we have the stars and stripes hanging on our porch again.  It's been nearly a year since the our really nice flag was stolen. 
This one is temporary.  I want to get a quality one again. 
But we're set for now.
I like this view from my porch swing and look forward to spending more time out there.

No comments: