Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day

Before they were Dads...
My amazing dad
These are my parents before they were parents. In fact they got married in June, fifty-seven years ago. They were just babies. Mom doesn't like this picture of herself but today isn't her day, it's his. 
He went from being a 19 year old groom to a twenty year old father. I think he did a pretty good job with his new role.  Though you'd have to ask my older brother who broke them into parenting. I didn't come around until he was twenty-two.
My dad could leap tall buildings and fix anything, at least in my eyes he could. 
He left us far too early and I miss him, especially today.
I know he's proud of each and every one of us. Because he was one of our biggest cheer leaders.
Happy Father's Day, Dad.

World's most awesome dad
Here are Har and me in our engagement photo. Taken a couple of months before we got married. This twenty-two year old had tons of experience with children, having been at the tail end of a large family.  His nieces and nephews broke him in to a role he stepped into quite nicely in 1980.
Our children and now our grandchildren are blessed by his love, encouragement and wisdom.
I am too.
Happy Father's Day, Har!

Big boy toys and gadgets






Everywhere we went recently, I was reminded that Father's Day was coming up. Harlan was supposed to make a wish list for himself.  He did not. How am I supposed to keep track of what he has or doesn't have in his shop? I hope he likes what we came up with.



Happy Father's Day
To those 3 guys that have braved marrying into this family and presented us with 9 of the most incredibly wonderful grandchildren.
Hope you all are being showered with love and adoration by those little ones.
Jess, Kiel, and Logan... You are incredible dads!
Thanks for leading your families so faithfully.

1 comment:

Lyssa said...

Lovely post Mom :)