Sunday, June 24, 2012

A friend's grad and commission

New Army Officer
Congratulations Lt Jonathan Nuttelman!


I got to go to a graduation/birthday party yesterday.  Our friends' oldest son just graduated from Oregon State University.  He was part of the Army ROTC there and in addition to graduating, he was commissioned as a 2nd Lt in the U.S. Army.
Michael (holding camera) and Jan here with Jon, have much to be proud of. 
Jan put together a beautiful scrap book of his graduation and end of year festivities. She is so creative!
 
Happy 23rd Birthday, Jon! 
God's blessings on your future and career with the Army!


Sunday dinner 


We saw plenty of pig statues and likenesses but didn't see any pancakes. I guess we'd have to have ordered those ourselves. It was our last dinner with Sebastian as he's going home later today. I think he's had a good time hanging out here.
 My chef's salad looked like a monster. You know you're in a good ol' restaurant when your chef's salad has pickles and olives on it. Pig'n Pancake is known for it's 1960's decor and food choices. It is a nice trip back in time.

Home to Courtney making goodies



Courtney learned something new about Charlie.  He loves strawberry/rhubarb stuff. So little Courtney homemaker got the stuff together and whipped up a Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp.
It looks delectable and delicious!

Old and new school
My Bible study homework is going good.  The only problem is that I try to turn the pages on the workbook by tapping the edge of the page and it doesn't work.  I also broke down and got my iPad out to look up the scripture references. I'm so spoiled with my online devotional and Bible app. But I must say that I've enjoyed every bit of historical background info that is in that big study Bible. 
I'm gleaning the best from all sources and look forward to the discussion on Monday night!!!

2 comments:

Reese said...

That crisp looks amazing, seriously.

Courtenzia said...

^-^ Thank you! Next time you come to town I'll see if I can make it again or something =)