Wednesday, June 20, 2012

First day of SUMMER!

Cool even going for a nap
In honor of summer he's sporting shades. He doesn't have a pacifier for naps or bedtime anymore, as he has bitten holes in all of them.  We have no more good ones so this is it.
Freddy's flowers


Today when  I went into the garden center a humming bird was flying just a foot or so from me. Of course I couldn't get my camera out in time to take a picture. But as I was picking up a new shade planter and talking to the clerk, I saw the bird again. It was sitting on one of the fountains. I got my camera out and watched it fly over to the flowers and start eating again.



I managed to get a few clear photos. I guess they really are attracted to red. Do you see the tiny speck of red on each of these blossoms?

Focus on fruit
 I would really like to get one of these fresh raspberry tarts on our anniversary.
It looks delicious!

 These dipped strawberries and the tiny fruit tarts remind me of the petite desserts at the buffets in Las Vegas. They were so cute and tasty.
Summer stroll
 It was such a beautiful day, I made the kids go over to the park to play for a while.
The stair steps are getting less pronounced with these three guys. 
Hayden (17), Sebastian (15) and Cam (13)... my how they've grown!
Sebastian is hanging out with our guys for a week or so.  They spend a great deal of time with their screen games so I've determined that they are going to get outside at least once a day for an hour or so.  Yesterday they walked to Fred Meyer.  Today they were supervising the kids' trip to the park.
Iced coffee and free wifi

















While the kids went to the park, we continued to walk and ended up at Starbucks with Garrett.  He had an apple juice but had to show off his stick that he picked up along the way instead.  Harlan used his Kindle for the first time outside of the house. I had the iPad with me.  We felt pretty high tech sitting there checking our emails.

2 comments:

Lyssa said...

You two are sooo Portland! Minus the liberal tendencies ;) High tech and hip!

I miss Freddies... *sigh* that and the heat/humidity are the two things that I'm still not a fan of here in Virginia. I'm getting used to the throngs of people but today is supposed to be 98 with a heat index of 105 and that's just ridiculous.
So I tune in to your blog and live vicariously through your pictures in a much cooler, less crowded, and Fred Meyer-full land (don't even get me started on burgerville...) :)

oh, and all those kids are pretty awesome too :)

Reese said...

Did Garrett check his email too with his stick?