Sunday, June 10, 2012

Bloom where you are planted

Do you see them?

Each Sunday for the past month or more, I have passed by little flowers blooming in a crack in the pavement near this pillar on my way into the church.
Today I stopped to take a picture.

A closer shot 
 The seeds have obviously settled there and found adequate nourishment to grow. 

A bit ragged
 but Beautiful none-the-less
 It appears that these little pansy plants are nestled up against a curb.  They are not.  There is a painted line on the edge of the cement where it meets with the blacktop of the parking lot. Not a very hospitable place for a little plant.

There are so many life lessons to be drawn here: from dealing with adversity to the scriptural message about flowers blooming for a season and then fading.
I just appreciate the fact that I have everything I need for my present life and...

 "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."
Phil. 4:13

1 comment:

Lyssa said...

Amen Mom! :) your title made me think of something a friend said on her blog recently about Her daughters growing up and moving and such. She said, "Yes, the times they are a’changing.  And with awe and wonder I watch my daughters’ lives unfold and display God’s handiwork.  Little wildflower seeds, being scattered by His holy wind.  I cannot follow, but I can watch and pray and skype and love from where I’m planted."

The rest of this post touches my heart also. Your little flower represents to me not a life rooted and lived in that crack but a blessed opportunity that was taken, a moment in a season where the seeds were present and ready to dig in and grow.

Beatiful pictures, beautiful post :)