Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Mid-day creativity

Power outage
We had a random power outage in the middle of the day yesterday. The kids quickly wanted me to go down and flip the breaker to put it back on. Couldn't fix it myself this time. They had to find other stuff to occupy themselves.


The bigger kids got a stack of books each and started working their way through them. I'm going to have to start picking up more age appropriate books for Wyatt.  Though he was given a huge amount of Wishbone books from Krystle, along with a few Hardy Boys Adventures. They have been counted among his most cherished treasures.
I caught Garrett behind the tv trying to turn it on.  Sorry buddy, you'll have to play with toys.
Danika to the rescue
Danika took it upon herself to get him occupied with his "fireball". He is getting better on spinning on his Sit and Spin too. They played catch and rolled it back and forth and then she opted for a soccer match.

I'm happy that the power wasn't off for long but it was nice while it lasted.
It was so quiet without the hum of computer fans and other sounds that are the norm.

Fun times across the country
Our kids had one of these tornado maker type thingys back in the day.  Alyssa picked one up and they had to get to the bottom of a couple of soda bottles to set theirs up. Rowan looks very pleased with his glitter tornado. Makes me want to swing by OMSI to get one of these for here.

In less than two weeks Hayden is going to be able to sit on the back deck there with Rowie and watch the swirling in person. Oh how I wish Har and I were able to go too! 
Hayden is going to have soooo much fun!!!
I'm excited for him.

2 comments:

loverstreet said...

thanks for sharing that great picture of rowan! i sure do love that boy. :)
you are such a positive thinker--cherishing the silence of the power outage!

Lyssa said...

What a fun no power adventure. I like them too, when they don't last too long ;) it's nice to have a change of pace that isn't yours to defend. Seems like when I tell the kids to turn the screens off I spend a half hour telling them "no I really won't turn them back on" or "because I said it's no screen time" then they finally go outside or start playing with toys and don't care ;)

We are also super excited to see Hayden!!! Funny though, how when you are looking forward to something "less than two weeks " can still feel like a long time :P