Monday, August 06, 2012

Aunty Coco and the kids

Strolling Siskiyou
 Call me lazy but I like walking to the park along Siskiyou rather than Klickitat. Even though most of the way on Klickitat is a greenway and not a street, the playground is closer going the way I prefer. You still have to cross streets either way.
Today I joined Courtney as she took the kids to Irving Park...along Siskiyou ;o).
Balance boy
 Wyatt said he was going to the teeter-totter first thing. I think this guy would do great on a snow board this winter if given the chance.
Couple of swingers



The kids were on vacation with their Mom, Dad, Granny and Pa for the past week.  They came back to us with sun kissed cheeks and sun bleached hair.  
They have been loving their summer so far.
Climbing cutie
Genevieve has a couple of loose teeth.  I think it would be awesome for her to start 1st grade looking like a jack-o-lantern. Okay girl, it's time to wiggle, wiggle, wiggle those two teeth!
Divide and supervise
While I was pushing Danika and Garrett on the swings, Courtney was across the way watching Wyatt and Genevieve on the teeter-totter. 
It was shady on her side of the playground so when my kids were done swinging we joined the others.


Snack Stop
Kellogg's has a new variety of fruit snacks. They are characters from Phineas and Ferb, one of Wyatt's favorite cartoons. Perfect to tide over pre-lunch hungries when coupled with string cheese.
Big tree
This isn't as big as the tree Harlan posed with but the three kids couldn't circle it without Courtney's help behind the tree.
Coolin' off
Wyatt had a nice cool walk having his own personal water pourer. We are planning an outing for Cam's birthday tomorrow and I think spray bottles may be a good idea to keep cool.
Heading home
This is a good picture of our few days of summer so far.  Temps in the high 80's and more humidity than I'm comfortable with.  We now have temps and humidity to rival the ones that Alyssa and her family have been putting up with since April.
My hat and pretty much all the rest of my clothing =O is off to you for enduring this for so long.
I do welcome Summer but hope she doesn't stay too long.

1 comment:

Lyssa said...

I've been saying for a while now that I miss the PNW and it's month long summers ;) you probably have only a couple weeks of this left before the leaves change and all the lovely rain, friendly clouds, and refreshingly cool weather return until next spring! *sigh* I can't wait to come and enjoy it, I can imagine a cold, wet, leaf strewn Fred Meyer parking lot right now! :)

Have fun tomorrow! Happy (early) birthday to Mr.Cam :) get those kids into the sunshine while you can! ;)