Friday, August 31, 2012

Five year old check-up? Check.

A visit to the pediatrician



I didn't want Danika to have to go to the doctor's office on her birthday so we chose the day after for her 5 year old check up.
This is the big one that makes sure she is ready to start school.
The form that I had to fill out regarding her growth and development was very lengthy. They wanted me to give them example of her ability to express herself properly.  If you know Danika, she has no problem in that department. After seeing the results the doctor said that she is not lagging in development whatsoever.

She is 42 lbs and 42 in. Perfect for starting Kindergarten.





"Rules are to help keep us safe"

 The exam room had various signs around but I chose to take a picture of the carseat/ booster seat one since I have trouble with Wyatt wanting to ride without one.  I don't think he's 4ft 9in yet.

Danika was pleased that Joylynn got to be at the appointment too. Especially since we were going shopping afterwards.
Awesome doctor
Dr Bledsoe is wonderful! I always feel so encouraged and supported with her care of the kids. I loved her sweater today.  It turns out that she made it! 
 Eyes and Ears work well

 Her hearing and vision screenings were fine but she was getting a bit apprehensive about what was coming next. The immunizations!

4 Pokes and a Promise





I told Danika that if she was super brave during her shots that I'd get her something from the store. I would have gotten her something anyway but it doesn't hurt to encourage the "big girl" stuff.
She didn't cry a tear.  In fact she shed more tears yesterday anticipating the check-up.
Silly girl!


Not only did she get a Sing-a-ma-jig, she also got a spiffy Barbie lunch box that she will hopefully use to carry her lunch if she gets to be in full day Kindergarten.  It's yet to be determined.
Back to school Christmas lights!?

I am as excited for Christmas to come as anybody, but even I have a problem with decorations hitting the shelves in August. I'd like to start seeing them after Halloween at the earliest. But I must admit if they were on sale I probably would have picked up a couple of boxes. You can always use more you know ;0)

No comments: