Friday, August 17, 2012

Happy Happy Happy Birthday

August 17th! Quite the day
My phone has an animated alarm clock that "says" the date and shows the time. August 17th is a momentous day in my life. I welcomed a baby sister, a son and a grandson all on that date.

Happy 34th
I worked on the day Kara was born. I went to see her at the hospital and took a couple of Polaroid pictures and hit the road the next day to go to our church's Fall Services in Kingston, MN. 
It was at those services that I met Harlan. It was a good time in my life. Not only did I get a beautiful baby sister, who has turned into a beautiful woman... but I started out on an adventure of a lifetime that weekend that continues to amaze me.
Happy Birthday Kara!

Happy 18th
 Our Hayden arrived on August 17th, 1994. He was the brother Rylan waited 14 years for. Today he is legally an adult. We went out to breakfast and he had a huge omelette with a "mancake" on the side.
Happy Birthday Hayden!

 Happy 3rd
 On the morning Hayden turned 15 we got a call from LaGrande letting us know that Henry Owen was on his way into the world. Harlan and I woke Hayden up and gave him his birthday present and headed out to try to get to Cherise before she had the baby.
We made it and welcomed a wonderful new grandson into our family!
I can't believe he's three already!
Happy Birthday Henry!

 My sentiment to each of you
August 17th is a good day.

3 comments:

Lyssa said...

Great pictures! A lovely birth-ful-day post ;) happy birthdays all around!! ;)

Unknown said...

I wish I could have been there with each of these wonderful people personally. I remember where I was when Hayden was born, Henry too but since Kara came in to this world a few years before me I don't remember that one. Happy birthday Kara, Hayden and Henry! August 17th is a right good day

Unknown said...

Awww. Thanks sis! I, too, believe Aug 17th is a great day. Blessed to have a nephew born on the same day & then a great nephew too! What a cool family we have!! :) Wish we could all be together to celebrate one day!