Thursday, August 30, 2012

Time spent with friends = PRICELESS

Our friends from Raymond, WA
We met the Duckworths when the guy on the right in this picture was 4 years old and our Cam was in diapers. So we've known them for a long, long time.
Gary and Joy were in town to celebrate their oldest sons 20th birthday and they were kind enough to contact us so we could spend some time with them. The 7 of us went out for Asian food and then went on to Jimmy Mak's to listen to some good music.
Introducing our boys to live JAZZ



(Hayden took a picture of Cam's lemonade because he thought it was funny that it came in a beer glass.) This is the second time Harlan and I have been at a Mel Brown B-3 Group performance. It was Hayden and Cameron's first time at a club. They really enjoyed it. Garrison did too! What a great group of professional musicians. They love having young people in the audience. But since we had those young people with us, we had to leave after the first set too.
New Camera!
I finally got a replacement for my poor old Kodak. A brand new Canon. I went from a 5X zoom to a 20X zoom. Wow! I'm enjoying getting to know how to use it.


Coffee fellowship
Har and I got together with Gary and Joy one last time before they headed north for home. It's great to laugh together and share those common struggles that go along with being parents of adult and adolescent children.
This is a test
I was more than a long block away from these flags flying at a motel near the intersection of NE Sandy Blvd and I-205. I was stuck in traffic and got my camera out. I used the full extent of the zoom feature and the camera locked in on the flags and took these clear as can be photos. Impressive.

"The greatest of these is love."
These are several of the ladies from our home-fellowship group from the mid-eighties. A couple of the local gals couldn't make it and one very dear gal lives too far away. But our friend Paula invited us to come to her home for an evening of catching up with each other all these years later. What a wonderful time we had!
From L-R: Karen Hanson, Paula Kennedy, me, Rita Denman, and Kathy Buriff Spencer. I have run into Paula and her husband, Jerry, a few times over the years and she and I got together with Karen a couple of years ago. I haven't seen Kathy since we moved from Vancouver in May '87 and the last time I saw Rita was at Joylynn and Jess' wedding 10 years ago.
It was about time we renewed our acquaintances.
We are not going to let another decade go by without letting each other know how grateful we are to have a history together and how wonderful it is to pick up where we left off and realize that we share something that is eternal.
Faith, Hope and Love
Amen!

No comments: