Friday, August 31, 2012

Musician or mechanic

Jam session






We have 3 toy guitars that play tunes and notes around here. The other day Danika and Garrett were putting on a concert. I love watching them rock out to songs or hearing them sing the same songs over and over. Garrett cracks me up the way he holds the guitar like it's a bass guitar. He also always holds it like he's strumming it with his left hand.  I wonder if he's going to end up being a lefty.





Grampa's bike mechanic apprentice 
 Harlan can't work on anything around here without a little helper at his side.  Often the girls want to help but most often it's Gar-bear. 
 Har had to replace his brake pads. It was getting so bad that the bike would hardly stop when he braked. Not a safe way to commute.
Brakes got done in spite of the helping. Now his bike shoes are at the cobblers shop. Hopefully by the time he has to go back to work next Tuesday he'll be up for the monthly bike commute challenge.
BPA is challenging people to bike to work for the entire month of September.
Being observed for 30 years
According to the newest flyer form JoAnn Fabrics September is National Sewing Month! Something else for me to celebrate!!! I have a couple of quilts that are needing to get done.  One for each of the boys before it's starts getting cold at night and one for Evie for when she comes. 
Check out the website.
 http://www.nationalsewingmonth.org










I forget if I posted any pictures of these flowers taken up at the zoo last Sunday.
If I did then I'm doing it again.
They remind me of fall instead of summer.
 Autumn is on our doorstep.

1 comment:

Lyssa said...

I have a feeling that Grampa will have a few more helpers familiar with wrenches and wheels come October, or an audience at least ;) I can tell you I am READY for cooler weather, I am quite weary of hot days and nights!

Beautiful flowers mom :)