Saturday, August 11, 2012

Power to the pedals

Borrowing my bike
When Harlan called and asked if any of the kids wanted to ride part of the Springwater Trail with him today, Courtney said "YES".  She had to use my bike as hers is up at the Domina's in N. Portland. I drove her down to meet him on the waterfront at the south end of the Eastbank Esplanade.
Near OMSI
 Just south of OMSI, the construction of a new bridge for Light Rail is underway. It's going to be awhile before it's ready but it's kinda fun to watch all of the activity. I know a little guy that would be fascinated by the cranes and action down there.



The day was sunny but not too warm. Looking across to downtown, I saw the place I'd like to spend the afternoon. Right over there on the houseboat anchored near Newport Bay. If that wasn't available the deck of the Newport Bay Restaurant itself would do. I love being by the water.
The old KPTV building
 I don't know why KPTV built a new studio and offices out in Beaverton.  This building on the East-bank waterfront was their previous home.  It is now the home of The Hampton Opera Center.  I don't know who or what they are but they have a beautiful facility.
Heading out for their ride



Har stowed Courtney's cell phone in his bag and they took off.
 They were traveling along the yellow line on this map and then heading East over McLoughlin and then along back streets to meet me at the Milwaukee Shopping Center. 
Harlan was happy to have had a riding partner. Courtney was happy to have a good workout.
Win - win.

4 comments:

Lyssa said...

Ooh! Ooh! I wanna go next! Pick me! Pick me!! Yes!

....Mom, can I borrow your bike in October?

Reese said...

Fun fun. Maybe now Courts has done it, the boys can join in too!

Lyssa said...

And Alyssa. Alyssa can join in too.

mommarazzi said...

By October I may be his riding partner on Fridays but, Alyssa, I will let you borrow my bike so you can ride the trail with him.