Thursday, August 16, 2012

Beatin' the heat

Hot ~ Hot~ Hot
 Yesterday was another day for swim suits and the garden hose. I was standing down toward the sidewalk to avoid the squealing excited kids from running into the street away from each other or the mist from the hose. I kept them corralled to the lawn and driveway.
 I love this picture of Wyatt.  He's one of the grandkids that didn't get on the previous blog featuring them. The girls and he wiped down the back of the van to get it clean after it got sprayed. One of these days I'll get rags and buckets out and they can really wash it.



The urban jungle that is along the driveway needs some attention but Garrett doesn't mind it. He loves going back there.  I don't know who taught him to blow dandelion flowers gone to seed but he was picking them and sowing them all along the side yard.
Garrett and his favorite buddy
 Harlan got into the playhouse with Garrett last night, which made the little guy so happy!
When Grampa is home, Garrett isn't very far away.  He loves sitting in the double recliner and watching documentaries with Harlan. They are good buds.
Headed home for the weekend

 First thing this morning the kids were ready to hit the road. We drove out toward their house and stopped for pancakes at McD's. I let them play at the Play Place for a few minutes.

The big slide and Genevieve's knee accomplished something I've been trying to do for weeks. 
They knocked one of Genevieve's loose teeth out. Now if I can get her to wiggle the other one out she'll look so cute for her 1st grade pictures!




Shopping with Momma
 This isn't the clearest picture around but look at how pleased Garrett is to be hanging out with his mom! Precious kiddos.
Flowers at the Zoo
 Our zoo membership needed to be renewed so I stopped there on the way home from dropping the kids off. I wanted to get in there before Hayden turned 18, the age that they won't let him be on our pass anymore. Hopefully he'll be on it since I got in under the wire... just barely.
 The flowers there seem to be loving this hot sunny weather!
Our Virginia Best-boy!
Here is the other little guy that missed out on being featured on the Grandkids' post. He earned a shopping trip to Target and bought the coolest Imaginext Knight and Wolf. We even got to Skype and see how they work together.
AWESOME Rowan!

1 comment:

Lyssa said...

I told Rowan a comment is where we tell Gramma what we thought of the post. He says "good" :) I say I love the shopping picture, garrett is adorable :) very good shot!