Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Birthday, orientation and end of study

Happy 5th Birthday Danika!
Danika turns five today. This picture was taken outside of the school on Monday. I'm sure we will be taking lots of pictures of her today and we'll do a post of all the festivities perhaps tomorrow.
Entering a new world of learning
Monday was Danika's Kindergarten Orientation.  She ran ahead to open the door and I was glad I had my camera ready to take a photo of this big step.


While all of the parents and kids were arriving they provided paper for the kids to draw on. She drew a picture of me complete with grey hair.
Closing the door on our study 

I had the privilege of entering a place of sanctuary every other Monday night this summer. A couple of dear friends and I went through a Bible study on the book of Jonah. I learned that there are several "Ninevahs" in my life that I have a long way to go toward being the obedient servant of the Lord that I desire to be. The biggest thing I learned is that I have been out of a place where I could experience the God given benefit of fellowship with other sisters.
Sharpening our countenances



"As iron sharpens iron, so a man sharpens the countance of his friend." Prov 27:17
I want to thank Helen for spearheading this time of study and fellowship and for opening her home for us to meet in.  I've known Helen for several years but I'm getting to know her a bit more through this time. She is one mighty woman of God. Her heart is tender to those things that He has for her every day and she shares her insights often in her writings. I'm blessed to call her my friend. My forever friend, Kim, was the other woman in our group. I don't think I have anyone in my life apart from my biological sisters and daughters that I can be myself with more than I can with Kim.  She has been such a steadfast presence in my life throughout lots of ups and downs. I'm thankful for her faithful friendship and the wisdom that she shares with others.
Cozy courtyard


Helen always had a picture perfect place for us to relax, share refreshments and watch the video portion of the teaching. Last night was our last time meeting. We gathered again on her parklike back yard patio and watched the video on her laptop by candlelight and icicle lights. My idea of the perfect evening. Good friends, good food and an atmosphere that nurtured fellowship.
On  upcoming Mondays I'm going to be trading cozy quilts and cushions for tailgate food and FOOTBALL. We aren't prepared for parties yet but I hope that this season we will have a few MNF get togethers. I'll have to look at the schedule and make some plans.

Beautiful surprise
Alyssa knew that I was feeling a bit blue about Cherise leaving and heading for California. She ordered a lovely floral arrangement to be delivered to our house.
She also reminded me that my "cup overflows" with blessings.
Yes, it does!
Thank you Lyssa!
You are one of those blessings!!!

1 comment:

Lyssa said...

What a great post! Fun school times, amazing fellowship times, and me with an opportunity to bless you with a reminder of blessings times! :) you're so welcome of course! I'm glad that came, even if they changed the vase.