Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Cousins and UPS

 Sebastian is here again



Our grand-nephew Sebastian is staying with our boys for a few days. They hole up in the boys room with various computers, game machines, and snack food and I see them very rarely.
He just got here today so I didn't make them go for their daily outing but starting tomorrow they'll be getting out in the fresh air and sunshine... at least for a little while.
Our nephew's wife Annie dropped Sebastian off and came in with their little boy, Cooper, for a short visit. Garrett and he checked out various toy cars and here's Annie pointing out the different beads on Garrett's necklace. 
These little guys are 6 months apart in age. Cooper is coming up on being two too.
 I'd love to see them play together without all the big kids around. Toddlers have their own way of communicating. Both of them are men of few words. But so sweet.
Thanks for stopping in Annie. You always brighten my day when you are here.
Awesome birthday t-shirt



Alyssa sure knows how to shop for her brothers. She logged on to ThinkGeek.com! 
Cam's t-shirt came in today and he was very excited. Rylan liked his loose leaf tea maker but Cam loved the "Rock Paper Scissors Lizard Spock" screen-printed tee.
Think Geek. Sounds about right.
Artsy photo editor
 I stole photos from my sister's facebook account and plugged them into a photo editing program. This technique is called "underpainting" and I think it's beautiful. Seems like it's still a photo but enhanced.
I named the above print "Water ballet".
This one is "Me and my shadow" and as I commented on facebook, Katie is too too cute!

Curled up with some good books
Cats have the best life. They can play and play and play and then curl up anywhere and sleep. Ours have practically ripped their scratching post to shreds but the nest part is still spiffy and used every day.
I'm just a little envious of them today.
I could have really used a nap.

1 comment:

Lyssa said...

I love your photo editing :) very pretty and definitely frame worthy! I'm happy that the guys liked their gifts. ThinkGeek is a favorite site of mine to browse so actually getting to buy stuff was fun ;)