Sunday, August 05, 2012

Saturday morning walk

The dawning of a hot day
The sun had been up for a while when I took this picture through the neighbors trees.  I love living in a tree filled neighborhood. Old and established. Why...that describes me too! Doesn't established sound better than "stuck in a rut"? I determined to get out of my rut this morning and decided a walk would be nice. I had a destination in mind so Har and I took off.
Regina's hydrangeas
Our neighbor Regina passed away several years ago but I still refer to this house as hers. Thus the hydrangea bush out front is hers as well.  It is heavy with blooms. That bush provided the flowers for Joylynn's bridal shower, Alyssa and Logan's wedding reception and we even brought a few to LaGrande when Cherise and Kiel got married 4 years ago. 
More neighborhood greens


I saw so many blooming bushes along our way. The ivy covered tree trunk that Harlan is standing by was impressive.The tree is enormous and the ivy has pretty much covered the first 15 ft or more.
G & G on 15th and Prescott

I've seen this restaurant in passing and saw it online when I was researching places to take Hayden for breakfast for his birthday. I thought we'd scope it out by walking there. It is exactly 6/10's of a mile from our house. Six tenths of a mile uphill. 




We got there at 9 a.m. just as they were opening for the day. They are open for lunch and dinner every day but only serve breakfast/brunch on the weekends. It's not going to work out for Hayden's birthday this year. Har and I loved the decor. They've done a great job with the grain theme. It feels like a rural place in the middle of the city. The music playlist was loaded with amazingly familiar tunes from our past. We could sing along to all of them. Cowboy ballads and good ol' boy songs.

Doesn't the water served in a wine bottle along with my coffee with cream make a lovely still life photo?

We tried their specials
The portions looked small at first because the plates are ginormous! 
The quality of the food was wonderful. Everything was delicious. They get their coffee from the little place next door to them that has their own roastery. I think perhaps next Saturday's walk will find us trying their coffee and perhaps a scone.
One of the best parts
Six-tenths of a mile downhill!

Not bad for a Saturday stroll. 
This could become habit forming.



2 comments:

Lyssa said...

What a great find! And way to get out and walk! I say hear hear for a habit of it! ;) I hope we can go there in October!

Reese said...

Um, yep. We're going there too. Henry can even manage the walk :)