Thursday, August 02, 2012

Rylan's day

Can hardly believe Rylan is...
thirty-two!
 I'm posting this picture because the one without a flash made it look like he was turning 37. I'm not much older than that, so I'm setting the record straight. He is 32 and I was just a child when he was born :0)
The tradition continues
The birthday kid chooses whether they want Harlan and me to take them out for breakfast, lunch or dinner.  They also choose the cuisine. For Rylan it's almost always Asian fare. 


Korean ribs for Rylan and a bento box for me, Har chose teriyaki chicken. This Mio Sushi is in the Hollywood district and I was concerned about parking, but it is located on the street level of the 24 Hour Fitness building so their parking lot is available. Very nice.
My main man and our #1 son.
Birthday outing with the Bros


Last year Rylan wanted to introduce the guys to Big Al's on the West side of Portland.  This year I dropped them off at the one in Vancouver. It is a beautiful facility. Hayden mentioned that we should take the grandkids there for bowling. I think they'd love it.
The Arcade was rockin'





I took off for an hour and a half or so. Did a little shopping and pumped my own gas. But then I thought I'd go over and take a few pictures of the boys. All of them were ready for a beverage break. Then Ry continued to rock the DDR for a while longer.
Air hockey command performance
Hayden and Cam had mentioned that they had played some air hockey.  I had them play once again so I could get some action shots. You can see a bit of the main area of the building along with the bowling alley behind Hayden.  Everything is done on such a grand scale.  It doesn't feel crowded at all even when there are a lot of people there.
I should have been playing air hockey yesterday...the name on the side of the table is HOTFLASH! 


We have been so blessed to call Rylan our son. His wit and wisdom are not widely shared but for those who know and love him, he's caused us to look at the world from a different angle. He's well read and well traveled and there are many adventures yet to be had.

Perhaps he'll get that truck he talks about every now and then and drive to PEI. That is one road trip that I'd like to take too. But only if I can spend some time in the U.P. on the way there and back.

Happy Birthday Ry!

1 comment:

Lyssa said...

Looks like a perfectly Rylan day :) very good.