Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Our evening at the Quay

River view
 Harlan's brother Dennis is in town! We were thinking that we weren't going to see him on his trip over to North America but he's here in Portland and staying with Har's brother, Howard. Harlan went over there after work for a visit and we ended up going out to eat at the Red Lion Inn at the Quay in Vancouver.
 Dennis worked at the Quay over 40 years ago.  He literally walked down memory lane as we entered that long corridor that brings one into the dining room there. The guys were using our iPad and the free wifi to look at our nephew Clay's blog. Howard was pointing things out as he had recently visited Clay and his family in Michigan. 
Beautiful decor
 It really feels like you're on a ship when you're arriving. You see the huge sails and ropes and this crows nest. I love that it is right on the waterfront. We got there when the sun was quite bright but left after dark.
 The brethren 


Howard, Dennis and Harlan walked over to the railing on the patio so I could take pictures.  I tried to take a few photos of them but they didn't really turn out.  I like this one though with the light shining on just the left sides of the guys faces. Howard helped me find a different setting on my camera and I was able to get a shot of the I-5 bridge that was fairly good.
Until we meet again
At the Ray Hilman reunion we always sing "God Be With You Til We Meet Again" on the last day. That song always reminds me of Dennis and his family because they travel all the way from Finland to come to the reunions. 
We are grateful to have had this evening together and sharing a place that is so special.

1 comment:

Lyssa said...

Three (Hilman) men and a Tammy! ;)
I've never been to the Quay. I think I might try to get out there now. Looks fancy! :)